Transfer Withdrawal Policy
The school allows students to withdraw from a course in accordance with its refund policy.
The school allows students to transfer from a course X to another course Y within the school with payment of a transfer fee. This is treated as a withdrawal from course X (refund policy will apply) and a re-enrolment with the school into course Y. The school may at its discretion give the re-enrolled student a discount on the course fee for Y. The discount may be up to the un-used portion of the course fee for X.
A transfer to another private school is regarded as a withdrawal from Smart Learners International School.
If the student is below 18 years of age, the parent or guardian’s approval for the transfer / withdrawal will be required.
For withdrawals, the service target is to complete the process (including assessing and replying to student’s request, change of status of student’s pass, refund made) within 7 working days.
For transfers, the service target is to assess and reply to the student’s transfer request within 7 working days and to complete the transfer process within 4 weeks.
Students should be aware of the implications of the status of the student pass if international students withdraw from the school. In such a situation, the school would login to the ICA system to cancel the student pass. When cancelled the student would have 30 days to remain in Singapore. Should any application for a new student pass be rejected, the international student would have to return home.
Transfer / Withdrawal Procedures
Withdrawal/transfer to another school
The school’s procedure for withdrawal/transfer to another school is as follows:
a) When the student gives written notice of his intention to withdraw using Withdrawal Request Form, the Admin Officer hands the completed request form to the Admin Head
b) Admin Head will talk to the student to understand his situation and find out why he wants to withdraw, to explain how the refund policy will be applied and calculate the amount of refund
c) Admin Head will obtain Principal’s approval for the withdrawal and for the refund to be made, which the student / parent / guardian will acknowledge
d) The Admin Officer attends to the various withdrawal matters including:
– issuance of a letter to student confirming the withdrawal and stating the effective date
– cancellation of the student pass
– informing the FPS provider
– issuing the attendance record, if applicable
– administering the post course evaluation survey
Where a student has withdrawn without informing the school through any written request (signed hardcopy withdrawal form or the student’s email request), the school will treat this as an absence-for-an-extended-period case.
Transfer to another course within the school
The school’s procedure for transfer to another course within the school is as follows:
a) When the student gives written notice of his intention to transfer course using Transfer Request Form, the Admin Officer gives the completed request form to Admin Head
b) Admin Head will
– check that the student satisfies the Entry Requirements/Pre-requisite of the requested course
– calculate the un-used fee for the initial course to be discounted from course fee for the new course
– explain the implications of the transfer and the costs involved. The school must cancel the current student pass and apply for a new student pass for the new course. Students should not hold the school liable should the student’s pass application not be approved by the Singapore ICA.
c) If the student maintains his intention to transfer to the new course after the discussion, Admin Head obtains Principal’s approval for the transfer
d) Admin Officer attends to the various transfer matters including
– issuance of a letter to student effecting the transfer
– cancellation of the existing student pass and application for a new pass
– signing of the new contract taking into account the unused fee to be discounted from course fee for new course
– informing the FPS and updating FPS File 1 data
e) Local students will be notified of the outcome within 7 working days from the receipt of the transfer request. International students will be notified of the outcome of student’s pass application within 4 weeks from the receipt of the transfer request (this may vary and depends on ICA processing period).